Television character | Psychology homework help
Assignment 1: Discussion—Television Character
Television provides us with many interesting examples of interpersonal and neurotic behaviors. In this assignment, you will delve into the life and actions of some of your favorite television characters and analyze them using Horney’s coping strategies.
Interestingly, Horney’s three coping strategies for one’s neurotic needs correlate very well with three of Adler’s different personality types:
- Horney’s moving-toward strategy—Adler’s getting or leaning type
- Horney’s moving against—Adler’s ruling or dominant type
- Horney’s moving away from—Adler’s avoiding type
Using Horney’s theory of coping with neurotic needs with three different interpersonal orientations, select a TV program of your choice containing a character that Horney would identify as exhibiting neurotic behaviors. As you watch a full episode of this show, focus on this character and tally each instance of moving-toward, moving-against, and moving-away behavior.
Research Horney’s theory using your textbook, the Internet, and the Argosy University online library resources. Based on your research, respond to the following:
- Discuss this character’s neurotic needs and trends.
- What do you think has happened in his/her life that has led to these behaviors?
- In addition to general life events, how has gender and culture influenced the character’s neurotic needs and behaviors?
- How do these interpersonal orientations impact the way this character interacts with others and develops relationships?
Write your initial response in 4–5 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Saturday, February 15, 2014, post your response to the appropriateDiscussion Area. Through Wednesday, February 19, 2014, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!