Pnw cross-section | Geology homework help
Start with the map of the pacific northwest :
Identify the following (sometimes marking or coloring your map can help)
- a convergent boundary
- a divergent boundary
- Mt Rainier
- the coastline
Now draw a line across the map that starts on the left edge and crosses through Mt Rainier. You will be drawing an underground sketch or cross section along this line that looks something like this:
This is a Cross Section image of this region. It is a SKETCH not a technical cross section. To this sketch you need to add the following:
one location and example rock for:
- formation of non-foliated rocks
- formation of foliated rocks
- formation of intrusive rocks
- formation of extrusive rocks
- formation of sedimentary rocks
Also indicate where:
- flux melting occurs
- decompression melting occurs
- sedimentary process of weathering, erosion, and transport may occur
- earthquakes may occur
- mantle convection occurs
- the accretionary prism
- a trench
- a volcano that is part of a continental volcanic arc
- 2 different types of plate boundaries
- 2 different types of crustal plate
- plate motion with arrows
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!