Need help asap | human physiology
Signature Assignment: Pernicious Anemia Case AnalysisTeri goes to see her PCP after feeling depressed last couple of months as well as experiencing a seizure earlier this week. The physician orders a few test, results are shown below:
- Low hematocrit
- Low levels of Vit B12
- Low Oxygen levels
- Presence of autoantibodies against the parietal cell
- Peripheral blood smear shows abnormal RBC (large pale RBCs)
After viewing the results, Teri is diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia; a condition in which autoantibodies destroys the parietal cells found within the stomach.Address each of the following regarding Teri’s case:
- Since the parietal cell is destroyed, which substance(s) is Teri lacking as a consequence?
- What is the correlation between destruction of parietal cells and Vit B12 deficiency?
- Due to her condition, Teri lacks Pepsin. Explain why.
- If Teri were healthy, explain what her RBCs would look like?
- What is hematocrit?
- Low oxygen levels stimulate her body to create new RBCs by stimulating which process? Explain that process in depth.
- What protein transports oxygen in our body and explain its structure?
- What cell secretes antibodies and explain the various functions of antibodies.
- What are the different types of antibodies and give two characteristics for each?
- Explain the structure of an immunoglobulin.
- Support your opinions with evidence from your readings and research.
- You must reference a minimum of three (3) scholarly sources in your paper, which includes one non-Internet source.
- Use current APA Style to format your paper and to cite your sources.
- Your paper/total responses must be 3– to 4-pages in length not including the title page, abstract, and reference pages.
- Title page: Case Title, Full Name, Section, Date, Instructor and Campus
- Abstract: Summarize the case in a paragraph
- Introduction: The physiological importance of the digestive system, immune system, and cardiovascular system for the proper functioning of the human body
- Body: Organize your analysis with headings that thoroughly answer the prompts
- Conclusion: Summarize the paper in a paragraph
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!