Eng 122 week 1 discussion 2
Ashford 2: – Week 1 – Discussion 2
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Argument, Keyword, and Thesis Statement Workshop
As you prepare to write your second discussion for this week, be sure to complete the following:
Before drafting your initial post, take time to reflect on the approved research topics for your final paper. Considering the information in this week’s instructor guidance and readings, choose the research topic that suits you best. Choose a topic that is interesting, has a clear argument, and allows you to remain objective. We will be using research and logic to support our arguments in this class. It may be difficult to remain objective if you feel emotionally or spiritually connected to the subject.
Write (due Thursday, Day 3)
In 200 to 300 words, share your chosen research topic for this class and write a few sentences on each of the following:
- Share the kind of argument you hope to make and why.
- Identify five to ten keywords for your library research and explain your choices.
- Write a single-sentence thesis statement for your research paper and compare it to the “Thesis Checklist.”
- Include any areas of confusion or questions you have for the class and/or your instructor.
Respond to Peers (due Monday, Day 7)
In 125 to 200 words each, respond to at least two classmates. Provide feedback on any area of confusion and answer any questions your classmate has posted. Support your responses with information from the course materials (including the textbook), instructor guidance, articles, Ashford University Library, and Ashford Writing Center. Be sure to include
- A detailed explanation of why you agree (or disagree) with your classmate’s chosen style of argument for the research paper topic chosen.
- Suggestions for additional library search keywords for your classmate’s research paper topic.
- An analysis of your classmate’s thesis statement according to the textbook, the Ashford Writing Center, and other course materials.
Make every effort to read all posts and responses in this discussion. You are strongly encouraged to follow up with classmates who have responded to your post. As always, you may respond to more than two classmates if you choose.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!